Join Us at Fishing Bear Lodge
We are a small family operated fly-in fly fishing lodge catering to a maximum of eight guests per week. Our unique wilderness location in the 1.6 million acre Wood River-Tikchik State Park gives us unparalleled access and opportunity to share Alaska's most diverse river and stream fly fishing with our guests.
We are located in the heart of Bristol Bay's trophy rainbow trout area with some of the highest concentrations of rainbow trout, Arctic grayling and Arctic char in Alaska. Additionally, our region offers some Alaska's best dry fly fishing. When you are standing in one of our rivers and it "turns on" with big rainbows and grayling sipping dry flies, there is no finer fly fishing experience on earth.
We hope to see you for a week of outstanding fly fishing on the beautiful rivers and streams surrounding Fishing Bear Lodge.
- We're located in Wood~Tikchik Park's finest wilderness location on the Peace River and fish the most diverse interconnected river, lake and stream system in Alaska.
- We offer world-class wilderness fly fishing for Rainbow Trout, Arctic Grayling, Sockeye Salmon, Arctic Char and Northern Pike.
- Personal attention to no more than eight guests per week.
- Our dining lodge serves wonderful meals and offers great camaraderie.
- Our waterfront cabins are comfortable, cute and cozy.
- Enjoy the convenience of hot showers, sinks and flush toilets.
- Professional, friendly, fly fishing guides that are dedicated to your success.
- Fly fishing instruction is gladly given and available anytime.
- Evening fishing sessions dedicated to having you on the water for the "rise".
- Enjoy riverside grilled dinners and maximize fishing time when fishing is best.
- Enjoy unlimited hiking and kayaking opportunities.
- Abundant wildlife and photography opportunities daily.
- Guests catch a lot of fish fly fishing each and every day!
- We fish hard, enjoy the magnificence of the Park and have fun!
Our Specialties are:
- Guiding accomplished fly fishers on our world-class waters. We guide on wilderness rivers for big rising Rainbows, small clear streams with large Arctic Grayling, and offer excellent Arctic Char fishing on the fly.
- Taking beginning fly fishers, families or couples, on a truly extraordinary learning experience. When you leave you will be a successful, knowledgeable and accomplished fly fisher! And you’ll have fun too!
- Showing guests the most magnificent and spectacular park in Alaska with the opportunity to jetboat tour, kayak, hike & big game photo hunt.
If these are your ideas of a great adventure when thinking about fly fishing Alaska then we hope you will join us at Fishing Bear Lodge, the friendliest lodge in Alaska's spectacular Wood River-Tikchik River State Park.